Training to start in April
Must be able to work Friday-Sunday
We are a 10 acre mixed farm on the beautiful Saanich Penninsula. We moved to this historic farm in 1984 and ever since have been working passionately to create as sustainable a place as we can. We operate a farm feed and supply store, breed thoroughbred racehorses, raise poultry and sometimes, animals for meat. Sustainable initiatives include rainwater harvesting, solar panels, food production, a composting toilet, and an integrated permaculture water management system and food forest. Our dogs, cats, and donkey roam the farm and keep us smiling on a daily basis.
– Loading customers’ vehicles with grain/hay/fencing etc.
– Maintaining a clean and organized storefront and supply area
– Maintenance of all areas of the farm: mowing, fixing and installing fences, weeding, planting, harvesting, animal husbandry and other jobs as they arise
– Deliveries of hay, grain & farm supplies to our customers
The Ideal Candidate:
– Is in excellent physical condition, able to lift 50lbs without assistance
– Is excited to work mainly outdoors and on their feet all day
– Is seeking long-term, meaningful and stable employment
– Enjoys a variety of work activities; each day is different then the last!
– Is happy working as part of a team or alone, depending on the task
– Demonstrates an interest in sustainable living and agricultural practices
– Is always seeking to learn new skills and ideas
It would be a bonus if you have:
– Previous experience working on a farm, in agriculture, or landscaping
– Experience running equipment ie: lawnmower, tractor, forklift
– Valid driver’s license and ability to drive trucks
– Experience working around and handling horses
What We Offer
– Full-time, meaningful employment
– A holistic learning experience
– On the job training and mentorship
– Room for growth, your ideas and input are important to us
– Performance based pay-raises
– Possibility of on-farm accommodation
– Supply of farm grown vegetables, fruits, eggs etc.
– Space to grow your own garden if interested
– Starting wage $12 – $15 / hour, depending on experience
Email Nicky at firstname.lastname@example.org a cover letter, resume and 3 references. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.